The Race Place

Summer - Autumn Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Well done Smiler and the Believers, too good for us today, although 2 close matches that could have gone either way.

Thanks as always Pete J for your fine efforts during the day and a prompt to everyone about the amount of enjoyment PJ provides for all those that enter in this truly unique format of a competition.

In all sincerity PJ, I believe we need a tweak to the 3X joker rules.

The Reapers have not been able to play their 3X so far because we have yet to face anyone above us.  The Ramones cannot get ahead of us when we play them in round 16 , and the Maxi's also by the time we play them in the last round.  That leaves the Coyotes, who would need to make up 12 points in 2 rounds with the Reapers scoring nil.

So the Reapers are left with the likelihood, of not being able to play their 3X, so maybe we need some rule to accommodate this.

Any such rule would not apply to a team who had a chance to play their 3X, but chose not to.  An example of this being Kelly's Heroes who could have played their 3X in Round 11, but did not

• Like 1

What the bloody hell is going on? up against ANOTHER one that tips out a roughie,a horse that i would have over looked every single time in doing the form. Like the others,i hope Max had something on it,as i'd be annoyed if i tipped a roughie in a bloody comp,but had no $$ on it on the tote.

STATS

Best Scores
616.60 Max
587.60 Ian
566.60 Roland
552.00 Rex
528.20 Blind Squirrel

Worst Scores 

78.00 Wrinkles

66.00 Maria

57.00 Jason

0.00 Gee

0.00 Craig

Most Wins

7 Smiler

6 Ian

6 PJ

6 Geoff

6 Richie

6 Jamison

6 Maurice

5 Mike

6 Sharne

6 Secret Squirrel

Most Quinellas
4 Tom

3 Jamison

3 Hesi

3 Punter Pete

Biggest Winning Margin

616.60 Max
223.30 Mardy

Narrowest Winning Margin
135 Tonka (again !)

134.60 Ziggy

Highest Losing Score

447.20 Geoff

Lowest Winning Score
78.00 Wrinkles

40 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Well done Smiler and the Believers, too good for us today, although 2 close matches that could have gone either way.

Thanks as always Pete J for your fine efforts during the day and a prompt to everyone about the amount of enjoyment PJ provides for all those that enter in this truly unique format of a competition.

The Reapers have not been able to play their 3X so far because we have yet to face anyone above us.  The Ramones cannot get ahead of us when we play them in round 16 , and the Maxi's also by the time we play them in the last round.  That leaves the Coyotes, who would need to make up 12 points in 2 rounds with the Reapers scoring nil.

So the Reapers are left with the likelihood, of not being able to play their 3X, so maybe we need some rule to accommodate this.

Any such rule would not apply to a team who had a chance to play their 3X, but chose not to.  An example of this being Kelly's Heroes who could have played their 3X in Round 11, but did not

nah no need to change the rules..just play yer Triple Joker earlier instread of esitin' tpo long...

MM

ROUND 15 - Sat Apr 22

Meetings will be Pukekohe, Riccarton, and a selection from one or more of Hawkesbury, Mornington, Morphettville & Doomben

UNION JACKS (6th) vs KELLY'S HEROES (1st)

Tonka v Gordy

Jack v Roland

Punter Pete v Wrinkles

Gee v Heather

Geoff v Gary

DREAM TEAM (3rd) vs BELIEVERS (8th)

Howie v Blind Squirrel

Stevie N v Lightning Blue

PJ v Robert

Ian v Trotslover

Ziggy v Smiler

RAMONES (7th) vs DESPERADOS (4th)

Steve P v Secret Squirrel

Mardy v Maurice

Richie v Rex

Jason v Sharne

Sarah v Mike

COYOTES (5th) vs MAX FACTORY (9th)

Craig v Rob

Graeme v Pam

Maria v Jen

Rees v Max

Ray v Harewood

Bye: REAPERS (2nd)

Tassie Tiger

Moose

Antz

Hesi

Tom

36 minutes ago, Maximus said:

nah no need to change the rules..just play yer Triple Joker earlier instread of esitin' tpo long...

MM

Can't you read Maxi

I just explained we have not been able to play our triple earlier because we haven't played anyone who is above us

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hesi said:

I dont like the idea of Jokers at all.It extorts the points table too much.Just like I dont like bonus points in rugby.You either win or you lose.Teams that win 5 games shouldnt be able finish higher than teams that win 6or7 games

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richie said:

I dont like the idea of Jokers at all.It extorts the points table too much.Just like I dont like bonus points in rugby.You either win or you lose.Teams that win 5 games shouldnt be able finish higher than teams that win 6or7 games

Just my opinion.

Agree 100%

Interesting discussion. The Joker concept was intended to add some spice to the Super Comps and especially in the case of the Triple Joker, give teams a bit off the pace a chance of making big progress. To maintain interest essentially.

Hesi's point is a valid one. In future, perhaps a team in the second round could be given an opportunity to use their TJ in the final round if they have not been able to use it previously.

The bonus point system is set in stone as it rewards teams who put up a superior total but still lose on HTHs e.g. Max Factory yesterday. It also rewards teams who put in a vastly superior performance - 5-0 win, team profit etc.

Before the next comp I may put the Joker concept to a vote before setting the rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hesi said:

Can't you read Maxi

I just explained we have not been able to play our triple earlier because we haven't played anyone who is above us

well thats the price you pay for being outta the blocks too darn fast and staying there. Here's a question: can you play your Triple Joker in Rd 1 when all teams are on o points..can't see why not, can you? What rule does it break?

There...you can always trust your old mate Maxi to solve your problems.

MM

PS: Just made a few bob on your other old mate, 'HairyCane' over the sticks at Pakenham.

5 hours ago, PWJ said:

Interesting discussion. The Joker concept was intended to add some spice to the Super Comps and especially in the case of the Triple Joker, give teams a bit off the pace a chance of making big progress. To maintain interest essentially.

Hesi's point is a valid one. In future, perhaps a team in the second round could be given an opportunity to use their TJ in the final round if they have not been able to use it previously.

The bonus point system is set in stone as it rewards teams who put up a superior total but still lose on HTHs e.g. Max Factory yesterday. It also rewards teams who put in a vastly superior performance - 5-0 win, team profit etc.

Before the next comp I may put the Joker concept to a vote before setting the rules.

I would like to see the Triple Joker go completely. And perhaps replace it with something that rewards team totals...eg if one or two players score heavily but loses the mact the team can still earn Comp points.

eg $1,320 is the Team Bonus Point threshold now 

What about tripling it if the team gets to (say) $2000 ?

PJ will know how many times a team has gone past $2,000 in a day. It ain't often but it can happen. I'm pickin' the Wrinkles and Jens and Rolands and Gees et al will love the idea.\

MM

39 minutes ago, Maximus said:

well thats the price you pay for being outta the blocks too darn fast and staying there. Here's a question: can you play your Triple Joker in Rd 1 when all teams are on o points..can't see why not, can you? What rule does it break?

There...you can always trust your old mate Maxi to solve your problems.

MM

PS: Just made a few bob on your other old mate, 'HairyCane' over the sticks at Pakenham.

You can only play the Triple Joker against a team above you so the answer is NO

33 minutes ago, PWJ said:

You can only play the Triple Joker against a team above you so the answer is NO

fairy nuff...dems da rulz..so the lesson here, Hesi-meister is dont try to lead all the way...pace yerself, son, pace yerself...like the Max Factory workers did...saw nuthin but backsides most of the Comp and had had plenty options for Triple Joker (fat lotta good it did us) ...but it's cosy in the cellar with Moet Max and his Merry Men and Women ..

MM

Round 15 - Saturday Apr 22

Comp Race 1 - Riccarton R4

If I have missed any Joker plays other than the Desperados please let me know.

1st - 11 Classic Diva W-$7.60

2nd - 9 Margherita Veloce Q-$10.50

Scr: 5,10,12

0 UNION JACKS (6th) 0.00

1 KELLY'S HEROES (1st) 76.00

The Union Jacks still at half mast as Gary gives the Heroes an early lead.

0 Tonka

0 Gordy

0 Jack

0 Roland

0 Punter Pete

0 Wrinkles

0 Gee

0 Jamison

0 Geoff 

76 Gary

0 DREAM TEAM (3rd) 0.00

0 BELIEVERS (8th) 0.00

Everyone missed the Southland raider.

0 Howie 

0 Blind Squirrel

0 Stevie N

0 Lightning Blue

0 PJ

0 Robert

0 Ian 

0 Trotslover

0 Ziggy

0 Smiler

0 RAMONES (7th) 0.00

0 DESPERADOS* (4th) 0.00

Bye: REAPERS (2nd) 97.00

Zilch, nada, nothing. One BB blow on each team. Tassie snags the quinella to give The Reapers the lead on aggregate.

0 Steve P

0 Secret Squirrel

0 Mardy

0 Maurice

0 Richie

0 Pete

0 Jason

0 Sharne

0 Sarah

0 Mike

97 Tassie Tiger

0 Moose

0 Antz

0 Hesi

0 Tom

1 COYOTES (5th) 76.00

1 MAX FACTORY (9th) 76.00

Ron gets the Factory underway but Graeme also on the Williams winner for The Coyotes so all square after one.

0 Craig

76 Rob

76 Graeme

0 Pam

0 Maria

0 Jen

0 Rees

0 Max

0 Ray 

0 Harewood

Dream Team go ahead with Jenkins or Vee Rod

Believers go ahead with Silent Don or Likely Suspect

Union Jacks seize the lead with Eaglelou or Vee Rod while Likely Suspect helps

Kelly's Heroes go 3-zip clear with Jenkins or Call me Herbie

Ramones go ahead with Eaglelou

Desperados* go ahead with Vee Rod

Reapers favour Likely Suspect x 3, Eaglelou x 2, Silent Don x 2, Vee Rod, Just Jazz, Jenkins

Coyotes go two ahead with Eaglelou and go 4-1 clear with Vee Rod

Max Factory go ahead with Just Jazz and go two ahead with Likely Suspect, Silent Don or Jenkins