The Race Place

MAXI'S 'FOUR LEGS' ALL UP COMP

Hesi

MAXI'S 'FOUR LEGS' ALL UP COMP (The simplest comp in the history of the Compi-verse?)

Rule 1: Pick one horse to win in each of four thoroughbred races at the nominated gallops meeting.

Rule 2: No subs, no replacements. Scratchings, including late scratchings, go nowhere except out of contention. 

Rule 3: Entries close 30 MINUTES before the declared start time of the first of the four nominated races. 

HOW IT WORKS 

1. Each winning selection on Race 1 will earn an imaginary $10 Win dividend (NZ Tote odds) and the total from Race 1 will be ‘reinvested’ all-up
onto Races 2,3 and 4 (ie Tote odds multi). All successful entrants from Race 1 proceed to the Maxi Premiership.

2: Your total earnings for the 4 races must exceed a qualifying threshold of, say, $200.00. 

3. The winner is the entrant with the highest All-up dividend on the day.

4. All unsuccessful entrants from Race 1 go into the Maxi Plate for Races 2,3 and 4. Again, an imaginary $10 Win on your Race 2 selection, with total reinvested all-up on the remaining two races. 

PRIZES

• Maxi Premiership Winner: $20 bet on any gallops or harness race in the next 7 days.
  • Maxi Plate Winner: $10 bet on any gallops or harness race in the next 7 days.

Example 1

R1: Result: Horse Wins - Div $5.00 - goes to Premiership with $50 invested as an all-up bet on Races 2, 3 and 4

R2 Result: Horse Wins - Div $3.00 -$150 invested on Race 3

R3 Result: Horse Wins - Div $2.00 - $300 invested on Race 4 - selector has 'qualified at this point' but still has to select winner of R4.

R4 Result: Horse Wins - Div $1.50 - $450.00 earned.

Total: $450.00

Result: Qualifies in Maxi Premiership with $450.00 and might be the highest total on the day.

Example 2

R1: Horse 1st - Div $3.00

R2 Horse unpl - Div $0.00

R3 Horse 1st - Div $4.00

R4 Horse 1st - Div $6.00

Total: $0.00

• Qualifies for Premiership but cannot win as All-up Bet from R2 is not a winner.
  • Fails to qualify for Plate because R2 selection did not win.

Example 3:

R1 - unpl Div $0.00 - goes to Maxi Plate for Races 2,3,4

R2 - Wins - Div $2.00 - $20 invested 'all-up' on R3 and 4 

R3 - Wins - Div $3.00 - $60 on to R4

R4 Wins - Div $3.50 - $210.00

Total $210.00 earned in Maxi Plate, exceeds threshold of $200 so could be the winner of Plate division.

Example 4

R1: Result: Horse Wins - Div $2.00 - goes to Premiership with $20 invested as an all-up bet on Races 2, 3 and 4

R2 Result: Horse Wins - Div $2.00 -$40 invested on Race 3

R3 Result: Horse Wins - Div $2.50 - $100 invested on Race 4 - selector has 'qualified at this point' but still has to select winner of R4.

R4 Result: Horse Wins - Div $1.90 - $190.00 earned and fails to meet the $200.00 threshold so cannot win.

Total: $190.00 and fails to meet the $200.00 threshold so cannot win.

pessimistic cynical approach thus far ...does no-one here try to pick a Quaddie?  Or even a treble? Tis all you have to do.

The trick is not to pick too many $2.00 shots wot win, cos you have to exceed the $200 threshold. Max reckons there's plenty of examples of TAB subs winning and paying $2.25+ ...but if you pick a successful $6 shot in Leg 1, you might go for hotpots (wot win) in the next three legs you'd be a winner.

What combo or you going for?

IMax is happy to host this and put up the prizemoney just for fun and if no-one wants to have a crack, fine by me. Open to tweaking it once we've had a shot or three at the original concept.

MM

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Maximus said:

pessimistic cynical approach thus far ...does no-one here try to pick a Quaddie?  Or even a treble? Tis all you have to do.

The trick is not to pick too many $2.00 shots wot win, cos you have to exceed the $200 threshold. Max reckons there's plenty of examples of TAB subs winning and paying $2.25+ ...but if you pick a successful $6 shot in Leg 1, you might go for hotpots (wot win) in the next three legs you'd be a winner.

What combo or you going for?

IMax is happy to host this and put up the prizemoney just for fun and if no-one wants to have a crack, fine by me. Open to tweaking it once we've had a shot or three at the original concept.

wasn't meaning to be pessimistic or cynical, just realistic

i take trebles and quaddies but very rarely do I have more than one anchor, certainly never four anchors

but you're right, you're putting up the prizemoney so your prerogative, good on you and good luck with it

i'll make a bold prediction, even if you run this for a year, nobody will pick four winners, probably not even three 

Edited by Our Maizcay
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Our Maizcay said:

i'll make a bold prediction, even if you run this for a year, nobody will pick four winners, probably not even three 

I reckon I could pick 3 winners maybe even 4 and meet the $200 threshold possibly on a Saturday only, picking my own 4 races at whichever meeting.

Over a 12 month period you’d be able to count the successes on one hand, however being dictated to which races you have to pick in you’d be no chance

Edited by Stevie Nicks Off
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevie Nicks Off said:

I reckon I could pick 3 winners maybe even 4 and meet the $200 threshold possibly on a Saturday only, picking my own 4 races at whichever meeting.

Over a 12 month period you’d be able to count the successes on one hand, however being dictated to which races you have to pick in you’d be no chance

fair point SNO, I'm open to the idea of selectors picking their own races (within reason), but prefer to try it this way first.

One possibility is to restrict the races to (say) NZ gallops meeting(s) on a given day.

MM

• pete pinned this topic
15 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Make the first race Harness. That way I at least get past the first race

Put a cart on any these ones mate , and you'll be kicked straight back out of the cart. 😆. or be axle deep in the mud and not moving much at all 😂.

Thanks Max ........give us a go 🏇 with these great mudders.....

R5/      No. 5  
R6/     No. 8     sounds like a good Aussie battler 
R7/     No. 4 
R8/     No. 8

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Make the first race Harness. That way I at least get past the first race

If it is not an amateur drivers race.
If your horse is not in a wild gallop at the back.
If your horse is not caught 4 deep and not even a can opener will get it out....

Sorry that was mine last Sunday, yours might be the lucky one!

• Haha 2