The Race Place

National Championships Super Tipping Comp entry thread for Round 5 - Sat Feb 8

PWJ

Who'd have thought cricket started at 9 - be there by 0830 Poppa was the grandsons command....trialling to play hardball - not supposed to start that level for another year at least but coach thinks he ready. Only 9 but got a couple through my defences to smash the stumps !!

5/7

1/2

1/6

6/8 ***

1/6

6/8

6/9

4/10

14/15 (ruffy stakes)

3/10 ***

Good picking Roland.

Best of luck team Turbo's

• Like 3

Ok ... I'm up and about ..... getting my 'Mission Control' base ready for doing the scoring for the Mighty Blues v Turbos main match today.

Confiscated the wife's leisure room for my 'Mission Control' base .... there'll be no leisure on my watch today .... this is serious horse-racing business !  

Pen, paper, laptop, racebooks, very widescreen television (so I can keep the Turbos' horses in sight as they start to drop out at the 800m mark ! ☺️ ), the Mighty Blues corporate pen,  the scoresheet, ample liquid refreshments  🍾. Two calculators - my big calculator best equipped to cope with calculating the Mighty Blues burgeoning scores race by race threatening to blow out of the stratosphere .... and my tiny calculator that runs to only three figures but which is assessed as going to be ample to accommodate whatever scores the Turbos somehow struggle to cobble together. 

This will be another very big day in the annals of Mighty Blues history.  ✔️

Just heading-up the scoresheets in readiness. Can't recall many names in the Turbos' line-up ..... I'm sure they'll come to me by race start time. From memory there's a few in their lineup that missed selection in other more significant franchises, but in the interests of diversity and inclusiveness a home was eventually found for them and they called themselves Turbos. A starter's chance, realistically.  Maybe. 

☺️

turbo.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Ok ... I'm up and about ..... getting my 'Mission Control' base ready for doing the scoring for the Mighty Blues v Turbos main match today.

Confiscated the wife's leisure room for my 'Mission Control' base .... there'll be no leisure on my watch today .... this is serious horse-racing business !  

Pen, paper, laptop, racebooks, very widescreen television (so I can keep the Turbos' horses in sight as they start to drop out at the 800m mark ! ☺️ ), the Mighty Blues corporate pen,  the scoresheet, ample liquid refreshments  🍾. Two calculators - my big calculator best equipped to cope with calculating the Mighty Blues burgeoning scores race by race threatening to blow out of the stratosphere .... and my tiny calculator that runs to only three figures but which is assessed as going to be ample to accommodate whatever scores the Turbos somehow struggle to cobble together. 

This will be another very big day in the annals of Mighty Blues history.  ✔️

Just heading-up the scoresheets in readiness. Can't recall many names in the Turbos' line-up ..... I'm sure they'll come to me by race start time. From memory there's a few in their lineup that missed selection in other more significant franchises, but in the interests of diversity and inclusiveness a home was eventually found for them and they called themselves Turbos. A starter's chance, realistically.  Maybe. 

☺️

turbo.jpg

Them there's fightin words!!

I shall be channelling my inner Aaron Cruden - a good former turbo who proved pretty nifty in unlocking those Blues boys last weekend!!

sq war.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1. Te Rapa R3 - 1.35pm - Website Angels 2100 - $30k, 2100m, R82 2/7

2. Te Rapa R4 - 2.10pm - David & Karyn Ellis Fillies Classic (Gr2) - $100k, 2000m, 3yo fillies SWs 1/4

3. Te Rapa R5 - 2.45pm - Legacy Lodge Waikato Guineas (Gr2) - $100k, 2000m, 3yos SWs 6/7

4. Te Rapa R7 - 3.55pm - Herbie Dyke Stks (Gr1) - $400k, 2000m, WFA 1/8

5. Te Rapa R8 - 4.30pm - BCD Group Sprint (Gr1) - $200k, 1400m, WFA 3/6 BB

6. Caulfield R5 - 4.55pm - Hyland Race Colours Autumn Stks (Gr2) - $200k, 1400m, 3yos SW+Ps 1/8

7. Warwick Farm R5 - 5.15pm - Inglis Millennium (LR) - $2m, 1100m, 2yos SWs 6/9

8. Caulfield R7 - 6.10pm - Supergardens TS Carlyon Cup (Gr3) - $160k, 1600m, 4yos+ SW+Ps 2/10

9. Warwick Farm R7 - 6.30pm - Inglis Sprint - $1m, 1200m, 3yos SWs 4/5

10. Caulfield R8 - 6.50pm -  Neds CF Orr Stks (Gr1) - $500k, 1400m, WFA 2/3 BB

Howie I'm off grid until mid afternoon so please replace any scratchings.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

1. Te Rapa R3 - 4,7 BB

2. Te Rapa R4 - 1,3

3. Te Rapa R5 - 6,7

4. Te Rapa R7 - 1,2

5. Te Rapa R8 - 1,5

6. Caulfield R5 - 1,3  

7. Warwick Farm R5 - 4,9 

8. Caulfield R7 - 2,3 

9. Warwick Farm R7 - 12,15

10. Caulfield R8 - 6.50pm - 10,12 BB

BEWARE: The Mighty Hurricanes have been Training hard all week !. We hate these 1 pointers !

Time to Man up and start the run to the finals...Don,t mess with the Tight 5 !... You,ve been warned. 

As indicated yesterday was likely to be the case, there will be NO JOKER PLAY by Mighty Blues today .... as Warwick Farm is abandoned without a ball being bowled.

So we won't be doubling our points. Not this time.

Big sigh of relief from other miscellaneous random over-rated franchises. 😃

I wonder if PJ if he is available, or John the analytical and accounting whizzkid, could tell us what the team profit threshold is for 8 races only today ? Will help us scorers with our commentary.

Maths is definitely not my strong point .... all I know is ....a win will be a win ! ☺️

1. Te Rapa R3 - 02-07

2. Te Rapa R4 - 01-02

3. Te Rapa R5 - 06-07

4. Te Rapa R7 - 06-08*BB

5. Te Rapa R8 - 01-06

6. Caulfield R5 - 01-10*BB

7. Warwick Farm R5 - NA

8. Caulfield R7 - 06-09

9. Warwick Farm R7 - NA

10. Caulfield R8 - 6.50pm - 03-04

Thanks PJ good luck Alan

36 minutes ago, TooFast said:

As indicated yesterday was likely to be the case, there will be NO JOKER PLAY by Mighty Blues today .... as Warwick Farm is abandoned without a ball being bowled.

So we won't be doubling our points. Not this time.

Big sigh of relief from other miscellaneous random over-rated franchises. 😃

what's 2 x 0 ????

Morning all from Bedrock, weather fine track harder than concrete. Some steady overnight rain would be appreciated, Huey, get it sorted. A shame WF is abandoned and a bigger shame that three Te Rapa fields are so small, but the challenge remains...to score just 10c more than the opposition! Quinellas important, even small ones, but I reckon the key is the last race at Caulfield. A point or two for the KKs in our Ghostly Encounter today against the Ferdies/Crusaders would be mighty fine. Let's go, kitties! 

R1           1,2

R2           3,4

R3           4,7

R4           1,3

R5           3,6 BB

R6           1,2

R7(Ab)   3,9

R8           5,9

R9(Ab)   1,5

R10         3,9BB

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Question for me is with a number of short priced favourites, and the possibility of similar picks, what happens to the 6 different selections threshold?

6 x 8/10 = 4.8 which rounds up to 5?

normally the threshold is 30% (6/20) ..whats 30% of 8 ? 2.4 rounded down = 2 different picks, 3 if rounded up... personally, I don't think it matters one jot! It's just a game

Edited by Maximus