The Race Place

Autumn Super Draft Comp entries here

PWJ

This will be a draft comp. You will either choose to be in the draft or put your name forward as a captain. I have the right to select captains from those who submit for participation. Pretty much same rules as previous draft comps. 

Start date will be Saturday MAR 14th. Entries will close on Tuesday Mar 10th at 7.00pm. Live Draft will be that evening at 8.00pm NZ time (6.00pm Oz time).  

THE RULES

1. Players. Each team will consist of 5 players. If you can't play on a given week you may nominate a sub from outside the comp or have a team mate post for you although in the latter instance their selections on behalf of the missing player must vary from their own to some degree.

2. Draw. The draw will match each team against another team every week until all teams have played each other over two rounds in the Round Robin format. At the conclusion of the second Round Robin section the top 4 teams will enter into a Finals Series which will be a straight knockout with the following format:

Semi-Finals 

Game A - 1st v 4th 

Game B - 2nd v 3rd 

GRAND FINAL

Wnrs Game A v Wnrs Game B

3. Selections. Competitors are required to select two runners per race. No subs are to be posted. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting.Posting the same numbers for each race is not permitted. I don't think your team mates would want you to do that anyway. You must post at least 6 different (initial) selections to your opponent if you post after them. 

4. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching by editing your original post up until 11.00am on raceday or posting replacement selections prior to the first comp race. After that time any selection which is scratched will not be replaced. Only late scratchings will go to the TAB sub followed by the 2nd favourite by TAB win odds in that order.If more than one horse meets the latter criteria then the replacement will be the horse with the higher number. 

5. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 win bet while if both selections start, a $2 quinella combining the two selections will also be credited to the competitor. So that's a $22 investment per race per competitor if two tips are submitted.The races will usually be split 50/50 between NZ and Australia. 

6. Best Bet. Each selector may choose one race in each country as a "best bet" selection. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

7. H-T-H. The draw will pit individual players from the two teams drawn to play each other, against each other in head-to-head competition. The player with the most $$$ at the conclusion of the round is the winner for his team. The team with 3 or more winners wins the match.

8. Countback. If a head-to-head contest is a tie on $$$ earned then a countback will determine the winner by award victory to the player who uniquely selected the highest placed horse in the final event. In other words if you both selected the same horse that cancels itself out. It would be the two selections which are different which will determine the tie-breaker. If the selections are the same for the final event then the same parameter will apply to the penultimate race and so on.

9. Points. Teams will be awarded points as follows:
3-2 win - 2 points
4-1 win - 3 points
5-0 win - 4 points

Bonus points
Team profit bonus - 1 point
Losing team with higher aggregate than their conquerors - 1 point

So a well performed side which still loses may earn as many points (2) as a side which wins narrowly .

10. Joker. During each of the Round Robin series, the team captain of each team may elect to play their "Joker". They must advise this in the post in which they make their selections. They may or may not confer with their team regarding this deployment. The Joker will double the final points tally for that team for that week. So it's possible to score 10 points(this has been done more than once) from a single round while it is also possible to play your Joker score 0 points and waste it completely.

11. Posting. Please post your selections by number (names are optional and unnecessary). If you post replacements for scratched horses then do so in a new post rather than edit your original. DO NOT POST SUBS IN BRACKETS WITH YOUR SELECTIONS.

12. Closing Time.
ALL selections must be posted 20 minutes before the start time of comp race 1 including best bets. ALL selections must be contained in the one post. If a competitor has not selected by the 20 minute prior cut off time then the Captain (or appointed team mate) may post up until 10 minutes before the start time of comp race 1. Also any missing or excess best bets and any scratching replacements for team members can be posted in that period if not already remedied. No selections or scratching replacements will be allowed past the final cut off of 10 minutes before the start time of comp race 1. Any questions, please ask before Saturday. My decision is final in this and all other matters.

• PWJ pinned this topic

Stevie N reporting for duty Professor 

I shall rise like the Mooloo Phoenix go forth and nominate thou as Captain.

Thy resume, runner up (2nd) Spring comp,  first 5 winners, first Summer Comp.

Any muggle lucky enough to secure a spot never fear SNO will be instilling the Magic within, my duty will be to make sure each and everyone of you reach your optimum selection potential categorically speaking I shall improve not worsen one’s ability.
With this noteworthy introduction, now I have put the rest of the Captain’s on notice, I shall finely hand pick the candidates that deserve to play finals  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hesi said:

I will copy and paste the message when I get home

Dear Hesi and Peter ,

Just letting you know that Winfreux and Wrinkles are unavailable for your impending First Draft Tipping Competition. 

Peter , The Family are all travelling to Wrinkles Property over the coming Easter Time  to help him to clean up his Property after the Fire's and Flood's made a mess of his much loved Property. They want to clear the Rubbish and like before the next Summer arrives enabling the new  builder to commence the new / replacement Property. 

Grand Pa  actually purchased his property from his Vietnam Money. It has been a wonderful Fifty Year + Investment.

I am currently still in the UK. My partner is still awaiting advice the Japanese Olympics are postponed for twelve month's at least.

Hesi and Peter , i will play for the Family in the First Draft Tipping Competition. Put my nomination in if you need a player. 

Your Player's Number's are looking small this time around.  If required ,   I will post from the UK. Just remember i will post on time even if it is at the last minute at your end.

Please note , you can nominate my Brother Zac if you urgently need an additional Player.

Zac , is still in Hong Kong awaiting permission to return home and be with Grand Pa. He has been told he will have to spend Fourteen Day's in isolation upon his arrival back in Oz.

Peter, i would say it will be at least Six Month's before all of us can enter your Tipping Competition's.

I have been told from this end a HUGE Recession is on it's way. Just keep and save all your Cash guy's.

Hesi and Peter , Look after yourselves down their. Stay healthy and safe.

Jill.

• Like 4