Scr: 4(L)

Subs: #2 then #14

4 MAGPIES (2nd)

$793.00

3 points

1 BLUES (3rd)

$810.00

1 point

The Gilgai winner tipped by Blues Pete (with a BB quinella) and Smiler (with a BB) while all 5 winning Magpies replied with BBs added by Antz and Secret Squirrel and quinellas snagged by Richie and Ian. Anzt finally got ahead of Gordy to extend the Magpies' winning margin for a bonus point. The Blues took a bonus point for a higher aggregate by $17 ! Secret Squirrel was Hawkes Bay MVP while Roland with a terrific total accumulated in the first 3 races was Man of the Match.

224 Ian

87 Smiler

43 Richie

594 Roland

287 Secret Squirrel

0 Moose

152 Stevie N

86 Pete

87 Antz

41 Gordy

3 FERDIES  (1st)

$451.00

2 points

2 HIGHLANDERS (6th)

$844.00

1 point

The Ferdies scraped home in the last with a best bet from Geoff finally breaking the deadlock with Rob for the win. The Highlanders, for whom Midnight Caller and Howie scored in the last, must content themselves with a bonus point for a higher aggregate. Tonka with a stonking total was Man of the Match while his opponent Heather was 'Naki MVP. Too good today Howie on what was my worst Super comp day !

153 Heather

576 Tonka

129 Hesi

92 Midnight Caller

87 Geoff

41 Rob

82 Maurice

0 Craig

0 PJ

135 Howie

2 SWAMP FOXES (4th)

$811.80

0 points

3 TURBOS (5th)

$992.00

2 points

Triple Missile tried hard for Maria but couldn't quite squeak the win for the Swampies who all missed in the last. The winning Turbos last collects came from Zig (quinella), Gary and Blind Squirrel. No bonus points were earned. Ziggy was an impressive Man of the Match for the victors while Punter Pete was Swamp Foxes MVP again.

0 Black Caviar

112 Our Maizcay

351.80 Jamison

23 Blind Squirrel

0 Maria

112 Ray

0 Rees

653 Ziggy

460 Punter Pete

92 Gary

4 KAURI KATS (7th)

$1801.00

4 points

1 CHIEFS*** (8th)

$518.00

0 (x 3 Triple Joker play) = -1 point

The Chiefs final collects came from Robert and Steve P each with BBs plus Jack while the last winner was tipped by Kats Pam (with a sweet BB quinella), Sharne (with a BB) and Captain Max. The Kats took bonus points for a team profit and 4-1 margin while the Chiefs unfortunately suffered a 1 point deduction for their unsuccessful Triple Joker play. Bad day to try that one but who knew. Steve P was Waikato MVP while old tom Graeme was Man of the Match winning 3 of the last 4 races.

432 Pam

110 Lightning Blue

351 Sharne

23 Jack

544 Graeme 

115 Robert

328 Max

0 Gee

146 Jen

270 Steve P

TABLE AFTER ROUND 10

1st 32 FERDIES* $11,565.00

2nd 30 MAGPIES $11,837.80

3rd 23 BLUES* $10,718.60

4th 19 SWAMP FOXES* $10,837.40

5th 16 TURBOS^ $10,673.80

6th 13 HIGHLANDERS $10,229.80

7th 13 KAURI KATS $9447.00

8th 4 CHIEFS^ $8964.80

^ Triple Joker play

* Double Joker play

No change on the table today despite the chaotic afternoon we endured. The Ferdies' lead was cut to 2 points by the Magpies' bonus point. The Turbos' win reduced their gap to the Finals places from 5 points to 3 point while The Kauri Kats are now just 6 points away from a Finals place with their strong win today. The Chiefs unsuccessful Triple Joker play leaves them trailing the Kats by nine points. Four rounds to go before the finals with 11 potential Jokers still to play.

• Like 2

STATS

Best Scores
653.00 Ziggy
594.00 Roland
576.00 Tonka
544.00 Graeme
460.00 Punter Pete

Worst Scores 

0 PJ

0 Craig

0 Moose

0 Rees

0 Maria

0 Black Caviar

0 Gee

Most Wins

4 Graeme

3 Punter Pete, Pam, Ian, Secret Squirrel, Roland, Tonka

Most Quinellas
1 Pam, Ziggy, Jamison, Ian, Richie, Pete, Tonka

Biggest Winning Margin

653.00 Ziggy
0.00 Rees

Narrowest Winning Margin
129.00 Hesi

92.00 Midnight Caller

Highest Losing Score

153.00 Heather

Lowest Winning Score
82.00 Maurice

Thanks Craig to you and your Highlanders team, close game as expected, I don't think we deserved the win, but will take the points, humbly.

I can't even say well played Ferdies, but a win is a win, I hope a few have got it out of their system now, not looking at anyone lol

Thanks as always PJ for another great afternoon's entertainment, you never fail to deliver!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ROUND 11 - Sat Oct 14

Meetings will be Hastings, Caulfield & Randwick

FERDIES  (1st) vs KAURI KATS (7th)

Geoff v Sharne

PJ v Graeme

Hesi v Pam

Maurice v Max

Heather v Jen

BLUES (3rd) vs TURBOS (5th)

Pete v Our Maizcay

Gordy v Ray

Smiler v Gary

Moose v Ziggy

Roland v Blind Squirrel

MAGPIES (2nd) vs CHIEFS (8th)

Richie v Steve P

Ian v Lightning Blue

Antz v Robert

Stevie N v Jack

Secret Squirrel v Gee

SWAMP FOXES (4th) vs HIGHLANDERS (6th)

Jamison v Howie

Rees v Tonka

Black Caviar v Craig

Punter Pete v Midnight Caller

Maria v Rob

Don't get too used to that victorious feeling Maxi, you have us next week, and you have had your one good round for the second part of the comp.  Only folly to play a triple joker against the top team.  The Chiefs tried and look what happened lol

6 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Hey couldn't it be done in alpha order.. at least I'd be fourth 😄

Yeah, and I would be last as usual. The Trotting season is ramping up and beckoning , its whispering in my ear.

" Rees, Rees(softly)  , come hither and  give that mug TB game away my son " lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Hey couldn't it be done in alpha order.. at least I'd be fourth 😄

I have thought the same thing myself several times this year.
If I was posting the results and ended up in any dodgy list, I would be using the font size to full advantage. Size 1 pt for instance.
Whereas PJ put himself top of the 0 list today. 👍

• Haha 1

I thought the Blues would’ve played their triple joker today, it was a tough day at the office for many of us, however not for the likes of Roland and Ziggy, 

Impressive win by Gold Trip today

Thanks for the match today Gordy/ Blues you guys are well placed with a couple of big cards up your sleeve.

The fields for next week will be sensational, and with World Pools being a part of the Everest meeting the TAB pools will be outstanding 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Don't get too used to that victorious feeling Maxi, you have us next week, and you have had your one good round for the second part of the comp.  Only folly to play a triple joker against the top team.  The Chiefs tried and look what happened lol

Yes, well i see the draw is out for next week

..if it had been this week

Hesi $129 v Pam $432

Geoff $87 v Sharne $351

PJ $0 v Graeme $544

Maurice $82 v Max $328

Heather $153 v Jen $146

Ferdies woulda narrowly avoided (by $8) a 5-0 drubbing...the KKs woulda had 12 pts, you'da had zip.

As total underdogs kats in this Comp, we're still in with a shout at the Top 4. So there.

MM

PS: Full cream milk and fancy biscuits tonight Kitties, (after the Moet is all gone!)

MM

Many Thanks to you PJ & your Ferdies for the match today.

Cheers Maurice .............. way too good for me.

Pleased our team got something out of the day ........ well played Tonka & Howie.

Onwards and upwards I say,

Take care of yourself Rob ,

As always  thanks PJ  for your efforts.

Best comp going.

Cheer all.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Maximus said:

Yes, well i see the draw is out for next week

..if it had been this week

Hesi $129 v Pam $432

Geoff $87 v Sharne $351

PJ $0 v Graeme $544

Maurice $82 v Max $328

Heather $153 v Jen $146

Ferdies woulda narrowly avoided (by $8) a 5-0 drubbing...the KKs woulda had 12 pts, you'da had zip.

As total underdogs kats in this Comp, we're still in with a shout at the Top 4. So there.

MM

PS: Full cream milk and fancy biscuits tonight Kitties, (after the Moet is all gone!)

MM

Yeah but that is your one day in the sun, it is all about consistency

12 hours ago, Hesi said:

Yeah but that is your one day in the sun, it is all about consistency

disagree...its really about who beats who by how much esp when there's a Triple joker at stake..KKs would've played theirs against the Chiefs but couldnt cos they were 8th at the time we were 7th. Missed out on 9pts right there, and it's a rule that IMO should be reviewed.
Why shouldnt a team that's leading, or 4th or 7th for that matter be able to play its TJ whenever it wants to? After all, we know that any team can beat any other team on any day... personally, I'd like to see the TJ rule changed so that when it is played, if the team loses it loses 3pts not 1 - after all, it gets triple the points for winning, why shouldn't it get triple the damage if it stuffs up? Would make the swings and roundabouts of the points table even more exciting!

MM

Food for thought. 

PS: Did you like that explosive acceleration of Gold Trip at the 300m mark? Only 2nd-up over 2000m, big long Flemo straight that he loves...what a horse. 

MM

ROUND 11 - Saturday October 14

Comp Race 1 - Hastings R2

1st - 1 Canheroc W-$4.00

2nd - 3 Sailor Jack Q-$17.60  

Scr: 17,18

2 FERDIES  (1st) 200.00

0 KAURI KATS (7th) 120.00

All bar Kats pair Max and Jen on the OP winner so handy early lead for The Ferdies.

40 Geoff

40 Sharne

40 PJ

40 Graeme

40 Hesi

40 Pam

40 Maurice

0 Max

40 Heather

0 Jen

0 BLUES (3rd) 0.00

3 TURBOS (5th) 160.00

The Blues all miss as Blind Squirrel (with a BB), Gary and OM find the Wood winner to set up a nice lead for the Manawatu crew.

0 Pete 

40 Our Maizcay

0 Gordy

0 Ray

0 Smiler

40 Gary

0 Moose

0 Ziggy

0 Roland

80 Blind Squirrel

2 MAGPIES* (2nd) 80.00

2 CHIEFS (8th) 80.00

The Cambridge visitor tipped by Magpies Richie and Secret squirrel as well as Chiefs Robert and Lightning Blue so all square after one.

40 Richie

0 Steve P

0 Ian

40 Lightning Blue

0 Antz

40 Robert

0 Stevie N

0 Jack

40 Secret Squirrel

0 Gee

0 SWAMP FOXES (4th) 120.00

1 HIGHLANDERS*** (6th) 160.00

The El Roca winner tipped by all bar Tonka and Foxes duo Maria and Rees so early lead for the Otago lads playing their Triple Joker.

40 Jamison 

40 Howie

0 Rees 

0 Tonka

40 Black Caviar

40 Craig

40 Punter Pete 

40 Midnight Caller

0 Maria

40 Rex

Ferdies go further ahead with Barzetti and go 5-zip clear with Opawa Jack while Ciambella helps

Kauri Kats pull one back with Oso Savvy, One Dream One Soul, Cocktail Lad or Hooter, draw level with Lilly Laguna and seize the lead with Textbook or Good Oil

Swamp Foxes draw level with Lilly Laguna, Hooter or One Dream One Soul, seize the lead with herself and seize a 3-1 lead with Good Oil

Highlanders*** go further ahead with Oso Savvy and go 3-zip clear with Barzetti or Opawa Jack while Ciambella helps

Magpies* go two ahead with Opawa Jack and go 4-1 ahead with Good Oil

Chiefs go two ahead with One Dream One Soul or Herself and go 4-1 clear with Lilly Laguna while Speed Call helps

Blues pull one back with Cocktail Lad or Textbook, pull two back with Barzetti and draw level with Opawa Jack or Herself while Good Oil helps

Turbos go further ahead with Oso Savvy (must pay LESS than $8.00 or Blues pull one back) and go 5-zip clear with Ciambella

On 10/8/2023 at 6:05 PM, Maximus said:

.KKs would've played theirs against the Chiefs but couldnt cos they were 8th at the time we were 7th. Missed out on 9pts right there, and it's a rule that IMO should be reviewed.
Why shouldnt a team that's leading, or 4th or 7th for that matter be able to play its TJ whenever it wants to? After all, we know that any team can beat any other team on any day..

Just saw this Maxi. Go and earn your 9 points elsewhere mate.  it's probably a good rule as it is . The current Rule about Triple Joker Play Avoids the scenario of the Chiefs having to face a triple joker every week. They are a bit under powered . when you have a player picking at 4 wins from 200 selections currently so if that doesn't sap the fun out f it , then people piling in for their 9 points each week is just a bit harsh . I think most players would agree. Who wants to see just One Team facing a Triple Joker all the time. I vote leave it as it is....

( Let's hope we can hold out Ian's Single Joker play today 🤣) wish us well mate !! 

• Like 2

ROUND 11 - Saturday October 14

Comp Race 2 - Hastings R3

1st - 3 Good Oil W-$4.60

2nd - 11 Lilly Laguna Q-$43.30  

Scr: nil

1 FERDIES  (1st) 292.00

2 KAURI KATS (7th) 304.00

Geoff and Heather go back to back for The Ferdies while Graeme (with a BB) and Sharne do likewise for the Kats for whom Max also scored. Max mugs Maurice and Graeme shoots clear of PJ to see the Kauri Kats usurp the lead.

86 Geoff

86 Sharne

40 PJ

132 Graeme

40 Hesi

40 Pam

40 Maurice

46 Max

86 Heather

0 Jen

0 BLUES (3rd) 92.00

3 TURBOS (5th) 206.00

Gary goes back-to-back for The Turbos on the Forsman flyer while Smiler and Roland are on the board for The Blues. No change overall.

0 Pete 

40 Our Maizcay

0 Gordy

0 Ray

46 Smiler

86 Gary

0 Moose

0 Ziggy

46 Roland

80 Blind Squirrel

4 MAGPIES* (2nd) 264.00

1 CHIEFS (8th) 80.00

The Chiefs all miss as all the Magpies bar Antz label the winning fave. Ian, slides past LB while Stevie N pulls clear of Jack to hand the locals a sweet lead.

86 Richie

0 Steve P

46 Ian

40 Lightning Blue

0 Antz

40 Robert

46 Stevie N

0 Jack

86 Secret Squirrel

0 Gee

3 SWAMP FOXES (4th) 258.00

1 HIGHLANDERS*** (6th) 206.00

MC goes back-to-back on the Lahoud winner for the Highlanders and now leads Punter Pete but so do Jamison and Black Caviar for the Swampies for whom Maria is now on the board and ahead of Rex. With BC pulling clear of Craig and Jammo now leading Howie the Foxes take a nice lead.

86 Jamison 

40 Howie

0 Rees 

0 Tonka

86 Black Caviar

40 Craig

40 Punter Pete 

86 Midnight Caller

46 Maria

40 Rex