The Race Place

Winter Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

27 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Should have played that Joker Gordy ! 

Not today Peter, I have pretty much decided who to play it against, but it will all come down to luck on the day.

After 4 rounds I still haven’t landed a single best bet, so by the law of averages it’s going to come in the next 3 weeks.

• Like 3

Tis the afternoon after the afternoon after noon the day before...and capn Max has finally resurfaced after a riotous night with Mrs W whose love affair with MM is matched only by her love of Moet...hence we are always poor but rich bwyond our wildest dreams...

How did the slippery Roland get away with that last-race treachery ?? Can we have an enquiry?? Bet hes not very popular with Jenlove right now...

Anyway twas some consolation that having left the cellar (taking all the Moet of course) we can see the light ..and the sight of Midnight C minus his trousers is a tad offputting!

Tks for the match Puppet Masters...good fun for a wintry afternoon.

MM

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Gordy said:

Not today Peter, I have pretty much decided who to play it against, but it will all come down to luck on the day.

After 4 rounds I still haven’t landed a single best bet, so by the law of averages it’s going to come in the next 3 weeks.

c'mon Gordy we all know you wanna take on the easybeats More Moet ...everyone else does ...or are you a sheep in wolf's clothing? 

Cheers

MM

moet cheers.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maximus said:

c'mon Gordy we all know you wanna take on the easybeats More Moet ...everyone else does ...or are you a sheep in wolf's clothing? 

Cheers

MM

moet cheers.jpg

Max, I think all the other captains think like me, and that’s striking you on a day where your big hitters like the king and Jen have their off days, and I could include you on this list as well. I am just hoping I am not matched up with you as you have been my nemesis in these comps. 
I wish More Moët all the best this coming Saturday and hope you all get huge scores……. Then we play you the following Saturday.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Maximus said:

Tis the afternoon after the afternoon after noon the day before...and capn Max has finally resurfaced after a riotous night with Mrs W whose love affair with MM is matched only by her love of Moet...hence we are always poor but rich bwyond our wildest dreams...

How did the slippery Roland get away with that last-race treachery ?? Can we have an enquiry?? Bet hes not very popular with Jenlove right now...

Anyway twas some consolation that having left the cellar (taking all the Moet of course) we can see the light ..and the sight of Midnight C minus his trousers is a tad offputting!

MM

I might of unknowingly passed Covid onto Jen and when she tested positive partially blamed me. Not that I did know I might of had it lol. She's all good now and back at work after 2 weeks away.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2022 at 1:08 AM, Maximus said:

MM

Still the same as my playing weight from many moons ago Maxi! Just less the muscle😁. After a rest day yesterday, it's  day 4 of the Tour du Sud, and as we leave our B+B this morning Madam Collette assures  me it is ok to be trouser less in the Languedoc area.Mrs M and I are on a slight recon mission with the possibility of us finding  a place to pitch our tent in the near future. Little does she know that two places are on the direct route of stages 15 and 16 😉🚲🇨🇵😁

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Still the same as my playing weight from many moons ago Maxi! Just less the muscle😁. After a rest day yesterday, it's  day 4 of the Tour du Sud, and as we leave our B+B this morning Madam Collette assures  me it is ok to be trouser less in the Languedoc area.Mrs M and I are on a slight recon mission with the possibility of us finding  a place to pitch our tent in the near future. Little does she know that two places are on the direct route of stages 15 and 16 😉🚲🇨🇵😁

Sacre bleu...dieu et mon droit (the only phrases I recall from 4th Form French) ..vous etes avec le tour? Axez-vous too many Francs, i mean Euros? If so, Max suggests you purchase another pair of dungarees

MM

11 hours ago, Gordy said:

Max, I think all the other captains think like me, and that’s striking you on a day where your big hitters like the king and Jen have their off days, and I could include you on this list as well. I am just hoping I am not matched up with you as you have been my nemesis in these comps. 
I wish More Moët all the best this coming Saturday and hope you all get huge scores……. Then we play you the following Saturday.

Here's a plan Gordy ...

If you strike the under-performing Mustelid in a H2H battle, we both put up $50 to be paid to the charity of the winner's choice

MM

Round 5 - Saturday Jul 30

Race 1 - Rosehill R1

1st - 19 Molly Nails W-$8.10 

2nd - 13 Sir Ravanelli Q-$28.50  

Scr: 1,2,4,16

0 Reapers*** (3rd) 0.00

0 Ramones* (2nd) 0.00

Everyone missed. No BBs were harmed.....

0 Heather

0 Porky

0 Smiler

0 Tom

0 Tonkatime

0 Gary

0 No1 Plumber

0 Moose

0 Hesi

0 Richie

0 Wily Wombats (8th) 0.00

0 Schitt's Creek (1st) 0.00

Zilch, nada, nothing....

0 Tassie Tiger

0 Our Maizcay

0 Gospel of Judas 

0 Lightning Blue

0 Secret Squirrel

0 Steve P

0 PJ

0 Graeme

0 Rees

0 Howie

2 Puppet Masters (4th) 162.00

0 Wolf Pack*** (5th) 0.00

Triple Joker-playing Wolf Pack draw a blank in the first as Ian and Ray hand the PMs a nice lead.

81 Ray

0 Stevie N

0 Ziggy

0 Gordy

81 Ian

0 Pam

0 Roland

0 Jack

0 Midnight Caller

0 Wrinkles

1 Drink! (6th) 81.00

3 More Moet (7th) 438.00

Sharne gets Drink! off the mark but replies from Rex (with a ripper BB quinella), Max and Rob give More Moet a great start.

0 Maurice

81 Rob

0 Pete

81 Max

81 Sharne

0 Gee

0 Punter Pete

0 Jen

0 Blind Squirrel

276 Rex 

Drink! pull one back with Winexpress or Librarsi and draw level with Night Raider or Caledonie

More Moet go further ahead with Sophmaze or Above Suspicion and go 4-zip clear with Manhattan Jazz or Wessex while Timeless helps

Puppet Masters go further ahead with Beyond Skies, Wessex or Pacific Dragon and go 4-zip clear with Librarsi

Wolf Pack*** pull one back with Winexpress, Lycomedes or Night Raider and draw level with Sophmaze

4 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Once again its thank goodness for the mute button on Trackside...Sweeney and Sharrock lawd help us .... Oz metro callers and presenters are in a different league ...

You would expect that though.  The Aus industry is, maybe 20 times larger than the NZ industry, so a bigger talent pool to pick from

• Like 1

Round 5 - Saturday Jul 30

Race 2 - Te Rapa R6

1st - 6 Pacific Dragon W-$5.00 

2nd - 7 Sophmaze Q-$6.40  

Scr: 4(L)

Subs: #7 then #6 then #2

1 Reapers*** (3rd) 251.20

1 Ramones* (2nd) 238.40

Opponents Heather & Porky snag beaut BB quinellas while another pair of opponents Tonka & Gary each bag the quinella as does Reaper's Captain Hesi. Moose is on the board also for The Ramones. All square after two.

125.60 Heather

125.60 Porky

0 Smiler

0 Tom

62.80 Tonkatime

62.80 Gary

0 No1 Plumber

50 Moose

62.80 Hesi

0 Richie

1 Wily Wombats (8th) 100.00

2 Schitt's Creek (1st) 125.60

Captain Our Maizcay and LB (via the sub) get Shit''s Creek launched with quinellas while replies from Secret Squirrel & Judas hand get the Wily Wombats underway but they trail the table leaders.

0 Tassie Tiger

62.80 Our Maizcay

50 Gospel of Judas 

62.800 Lightning Blue

50 Secret Squirrel

0 Steve P

0 PJ

0 Graeme

0 Rees

0 Howie

3 Puppet Masters (4th) 212.00

0 Wolf Pack*** (5th) 62.80

Stevie gets Triple Joker-playing Wolf Pack on the board with a quinella but MC replies for the Puppet Masters to extend their lead.

81 Ray

62.80 Stevie N

0 Ziggy

0 Gordy

81 Ian

0 Pam

0 Roland

0 Jack

50 Midnight Caller

0 Wrinkles

1 Drink! (6th) 143.80

3 More Moet (7th) 488.00

Only Sharne (with a quinella) for Drink! and Rex - each going back-to-back - for More Moet on the Pike pouncer. No change overall.

0 Maurice

81 Rob

0 Pete

81 Max

143.80 Sharne

0 Gee

0 Punter Pete

0 Jen

0 Blind Squirrel

326 Rex 

Wily Wombats go further ahead with Contributing Factor while Alpha Go helps

Schitt's Creek draw level with Bartoselli and seize the lead with Saquon or Belle Espoir

Puppet Masters go further ahead with Contributing Factor, Kennedy Choice or Diva Bella while Nictock helps

Wolf Pack*** pull one back (1-2) with Saquon (must pay $8.20+ or Conceited complete the Q) or Belle Espoir, pull two back (2-3) with Bartoselli and draw level with Conceited

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

G'day PJ , can you check out your messages regarding this race result and sub's for a late scratching . thanks from LB.

Sorry I hadn't realised there was a late scratching. Will amend