The Race Place

Nine Days of New Year - Rnd 1 - Ellerslie/Randwick - Dec 26 entries here

PWJ

Okay people, here we go ! While you are still groaning under the weight of that extra helping of Christmas Turkey and stressed from anticipation of the Boxing Day test it's time to grab that form guide and make a name for yourself (again in some cases) as we tackle the Nine Days of New Year, kicking off with the Gr1 day at Auckland's premier track.

ELLERSLIE Races 1-10 - Race 1 starts at 12.30pm (10.30am Oz time)

Comp race 11 - RANDWICK Race 6 - 6.10pm (4.10pm Oz time) - The Summer Cup (Gr3) $160k, 2000m, qlty hdcp

Please note there are 11 races - the 10 from Ellerslie followed by the one from Oz

THE RULES

1. Duration. Comp will run for 9 days from Dec 26 to Jan 4.

2. Selections. Competitors are required to select two runners per race. No subs are to be posted. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting.Posting the same numbers for each race is not permitted.

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching up until 11.00am on raceday. After that time any selection which is scratched will be replaced by the highest number which is a starter in that race. i.e. In an 18 horse field it would be #18 if it is a starter. If #18 is scratched then #17 and so on. There will only be one scratching replacement. If both your selections are scratched there will only be one sub.

4. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 win bet while if both selections start, a $2 quinella combining the two selections will also be credited to the competitor. So that's a $22 investment per race per competitor if two tips are submitted.

6. Best Bet. Each selector may choose two races as "best bet" selections. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

9. Points. Individual Points will be awarded at the completion of each day's racing as follows:

The last placed person each day will be awarded 1 point with the 2nd last person receiving 2 points and so on up to the maximum points for the daily winner. e.g. If we have 40 competitors on a given day the daily winner will receive 40 points.

10. Joker. Once during the Comp each player can choose to play their Joker. They must advise this in the post in which they make their selections. The Joker will double the final points tally for that competitor for that day.

12. Posting. Please post your selections by number (names are optional and unnecessary). If you post replacements for scratched horses then do so in a new post rather than edit your original. Do not post subs with your original selections.

13. Closing Time. There is no closing time but selections are only valid if posted at least one minute before the starting time of the first or any race. My decision is final in this and all other matters.

• PWJ pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah I think you meant race 7 at Caulfield Pete. 

Nah, I had the wrong Randwick meeting. All fixed now

4 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah I think you meant race 7 at Caulfield Pete. 

NOTE WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR SELECTIONS: RACE 11 (the Oz race) has been re-assigned 

Good evening, folks.

I trust that everyone has enjoyed an excellent Christmas Day.

I'll bounce from the gates quick, with these likely sorts :-

R1) 6x8            Artiste/Special Light

R2) 2x8            Brazier/Taroni

R3) 2x4            Cavallo Veloce/Starrybeel

R4) 2x5            Harlech/Double Impact

R5) 4x8            Aero de Paris/One Kotukustreet     BEST BET

R6) 5x7             Pullyoursocksup  ( I think this one's directed`at Rees 😁) / Incantesimo

R7) 1x2             Jennifer Eccles/Two Illicit

R8) 7x8             Mr Universe/Spring Heat                 

R9) 1x9             Charles Road/Vernanme

R10) 5x13         Iago/Socialights                               BEST BET

R11) 2x4          Sir Plush/Black on Gold

Thank you,  PJ. Good luck with the holiday racing, everyone.

Howie

• Like 2

Sing along with the Mustelid now ...

"Oh, little town of Be-e-e--ed - rock!!"' How still we see thee li -i--i--e ... "

But that was yesterday. Time for the real FUN stuff to begin. Unlike my confrere The Foxy One (Merry Christmas, mate) I have assigned Boxing Day Sale duties to
Mrs W and the Wee Weasels, given 'em all $50 and said 'don't come home til midnight'. LOLOL. And they agreed! Life is go-oo-ood today. Racing and a Boxing Day Test ... it doesn't get much better than this.

I'm all strapped in and ready to ROCK this town, ROCK it inside out, as the Stray Cats would say.

Add these to your list, PJ, and good luck everyone. Maxi is banking on a few upsets at Ellerslie today.  

R1           3,4

R2           8,9

R3           9,11

R4           4,5 BB

R5           4,10

R6           6,7

R7           7,11

R8           3,9

R9           1,2

R10         13,16 BB

R11         4,6

Edited by Maximus