The Race Place

Covid-19 update

pete

Nothing at all, just like to see some good responsible journalism, just like I appreciate good television, such as good British comedy and drama, sport, music and docos

Married at First Sight....shakes head

Bachelorette.....shakes head, not quite as much

Reality TV in general, they have become the norm for many people, I think it is called dumbing down the population.

There are a few on here that share my disgust of the Herald............I mean to say, how can anyone defend a paper that puts a gossip column behind a paywall, I think it was a story about teddy bears.

I would suggest, that any story or article about Covid 19, should not be behind a paywall

• Like 1

The usually placid Mustelid Maximus is getting a tad irate over this lockdown thingy.

• If people ain't taking it seriously, BRING IN THE ARMY. What possible excuse can they offer for the Army doing 'war games' while this is on. We need everyone to take it seriously, which means consequences if you don't. People out surfing, and cruising the streets of Kaitaia and sunning themselves at Oriental Bay/Mission Bay/Any Old Bay  ain't the imagery we need to be sending out on TV. We pay the Army to protect the citizens of NZ - start earning your $$$. Patrol the streets, help the elderly, the other agencies of Government, and help the citizenry to understand that this IS a matter of life or death.
  • Impose a 10pm curfew, effective tomorrow until the end of the lockdown. If you ain't got a good reason to be out at night after supermarkets close, you go to the lockup overnight. Fines are a waste of time and not enforceable in these circumstances. This is a national State of Emergency, for goodness's sake.
  • Test, test, test is all very well, Jacinda - you've stalled us for a good couple of weeks with insufficient test kits, and PPE stashed in some central storehouse instead of in the DHB hospitals and medical centres and midwiferies etc - so our encouragingly low stats so far may be an illusion. And truckloads of returnees have been allowed to fly from Auckland all over the country even after the borders were closed.
    I hope you've got the IC beds/units, ventilators etc ready to go with enough trained staff . We cant build a 1000 bed hospital in 10 days like China, you know (we might form a committee to discuss a viability plan in that time).
  • Mandatory quarantine in a Govt-controlled facility for ALL returning Kiwis.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Globederby19 said:

Looks like I have had my account suspended on BOAY. Posted a reply to Chief regarding China. No idea how that upset anyone.

Bloody tetchy bunch on there, and another idiot called Way South with his racist rants on Chinese people.

Thank God for this site Allan.:classic_smile:

Mine too.

36 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Looks like I have had my account suspended on BOAY. Posted a reply to Chief regarding China. No idea how that upset anyone.

Bloody tetchy bunch on there, and another idiot called Way South with his racist rants on Chinese people.

Thank God for this site Allan.:classic_smile:

Probably something to do with the recent upgrade.

Would be totally out of character for people to have their accounts suspended

11 hours ago, barryb said:

I happen to love MAFS, the perving  is amazing.

I am happy to be part of the dumbing down if that’s the case.

Entertainment is ok to be at this level if that’s all it’s treated like,  I would find attending a music concert at a far dumber level. I find it mind numbing that people would spend many hundreds of $ to watch some wanker American sing shit for 3 hours under something called entertainment, really.
I find it equally incredible that seemingly intelligent people can vote Labour.

I also find it equally incredible that highly successful people are so mind numbingly stupid to be sucked into the biggest con of human existence in Religion.

Thats just my opinion on a few topics and I am happy for others to have opposing views and also happy to admit I might be equally as stupid in others eyes.

I am offended highly by those reality 'stars'  who become super-rich on the basis of, well, nothing,  really...possess zero talent and are of zero worth to society,  when many others are risking their lives working in incredibly trying conditions.   And I don't mean just the current ones, but, of course, they are included.

Religion?   yeah,  bang on there..and I went to an Anglican college.

Bauer Media NZ is closing its doors permanently, staff have been told.

The New Zealand wing of the company publishes a range of New Zealand magazines including the NZ Woman's Day, New Zealand Woman's Weekly, The Australian Women's Weekly, the Listener, North & South, Next, Metro, Kia Ora, Home NZ and Your Home & Garden.

While many won't be too perturbed to see some of these publications go, you have to question the resilience of the organisation that runs them , if a 4 week stand down was all it took to tip them over.

17 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

The practice of saving for tomorrow is something that these companies,sports teams and individuals have not done.

Plenty of hurt still to come for companies etc.

Yes, applies very much to the NRL in Aus, that rely on the regular payments from Fox Media to be able to pay their bills

A lot of changes to come in the way people do business in the future methinks

Same scenario applies to NZ racing, who were in such a weak position financially.

So much money frittered away on excessive costs

I guess that is the one thing you would want to see coming out of this for racing.  A lean, mean, customer focussed organisation, where every dollar is earned.

You would also have to cast a very circumspect eye over the Boards that rubber stamped everything

46 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Bauer Media NZ is closing its doors permanently, staff have been told.

The New Zealand wing of the company publishes a range of New Zealand magazines including the NZ Woman's Day, New Zealand Woman's Weekly, The Australian Women's Weekly, the Listener, North & South, Next, Metro, Kia Ora, Home NZ and Your Home & Garden.

While many won't be too perturbed to see some of these publications go, you have to question the resilience of the organisation that runs them , if a 4 week stand down was all it took to tip them over.

Social media possibly making a big dent in their sales.  Just the last straw perhaps?